Saturday, April 16, 2011

Dictionary Wreath

Items needed for this project:

1 round piece of cardboard
Pages from an old book
Hot glue and gun
Round mirror


First you take a piece of round cardboard (I used one from our frozen pizza). Cut a circle out of the middle.













Then you start rolling your pages. I chose to tear them out of a dictionary I bought at the DI. You roll them into cone shapes. So they are smaller at the bottom and larger at the top. I did enough to make 3 rows. I think about 85 cone shaped pages. Then you start gluing, and layering. Keep going until you are satisfied with the way it looks. I have seen some with just 1 row, and some with 2. I chose 3 because I wanted a BIG wreath. Finally take your round mirror (you don't HAVE to use a mirror, it can be anything you want), and hot glue it on. Then hang and ENJOY! See my finished project here, or just keep scrolling down!

No comments:

Post a Comment